You might not have heard about Amazon Drive before, but you won t soon forget the name now. Like other cloud storage solutions including Dropbox and iCloud, Amazon Drive allows users to back up their photos, documents and other files. The solution works with desktop and laptop computers as well as mobile phones and tablets, and users get unlimited cloud storage for $59.99 per year. That s an incredible value, but there s now an even better offer for Amazon users to enjoy: Purchase any one of hundreds of different laptops on Amazon s site and migrate your files to the new computer, and you ll get a full year of unlimited Amazon Drive cloud storage for free.
Here s how the promotion works:
- Within 5 days of your eligible purchase, you ll receive an email with a promo code for a free one year Amazon Drive Unlimited Storage plan.
- Go to the Unlimited Storage page on Amazon.com and click Add to Cart.
- Enter your unique promo code at checkout.
- Note that the free one year Amazon Drive Unlimited Storage Plan will now be linked to the amazon account you checked out with.
And here are instructions for migrating your files:
- On your old computer, download the latest Amazon Drive for desktop app and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Drag the files or folders you wish to migrate into the Amazon Drive folder.
- On your new laptop, download Amazon Drive for desktop and sign in with your same Amazon account.
- As you set up Amazon Drive for desktop on your new computer, a screen titled Sync Folders from Amazon Drive will appear. Click on the Choose Folders button.
- Select any folders containing items from your old computer and they will sync automatically to the Amazon Drive folder on your new computer.
- You can also access your files anytime by signing in to Amazon Drive on the web from nearly any computer.
This promotion lasts from now through the end of the day on December 31, and you can see all of the laptop models eligible for this promotion on this page .
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.