The Full-Time MBA Program
The mission of the top-ranked (#38 tied, U.S. News World Report. 2017, #29 Bloomberg Businessweek. 2016) UT Dallas Jindal School Full-Time MBA program (FTMBA) is to develop cutting edge problem engineers who can think, plan and act strategically to solve complex business problems.
- 16–month time frame (minimum of 2 semesters out of the workforce)
- Cohort class of 50 students
- Career-focused orientation
- Supportive team of professionals and “Power of Two” Mentor Program
- Over 35,000 JSOM alumni (5,000 MBA alums active in the DFW area)
- Renowned professors (#11 in North America for faculty research contributions)
- Connection to many of the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in DFW, critical to maintaining our 90% placement rate
- 80% of students receive scholarship valued at 45% of the total program cost
- Average starting salary range of $90,000 $100,000
Consider joining the UT Dallas Full-Time MBA community of scholars and be a part of a unique MBA experience guaranteed to dramatically alter the course of your professional life.
- Degree Plan
- Class Profile
- Student Experience
- Internships and Jobs
- FTMBA Ambassadors
This 53 credit-hour program features a full-time, daytime core curriculum which students complete in 16 months, with an optional extra semester for a 21 month program. Each ‘Cohort’ of students starts the program in August. These students follow a lock-step progression of core courses through the program, taking all their core classes together (typically Monday through Friday) and graduating 16 months later, in December.
Degree plan highlights include:
- Fall semester start (53 semester credits: 30 core and 23 elective)
- Optional elective concentration
- 21-month optional extension for a joint degree program or working students
- Multiple STEM-designated joint degree options
- Minimum of two semesters out of the workforce
- Daytime core classes and evening elective coursework
Semester Credit Hours
Students in the top-ranked Full-Time MBA Program have ample opportunities for both professional development and academic growth in the form of experiential learning classes, national case competitions, professional and academic-related student groups, MBA speaker events, alumni engagement events and the Power of Two Mentor Program.
In the Power of Two Mentor Program, mentors provide students with insight into the business world and how it works. We know that our Full-Time MBA students learn a great deal from their professors, as well as their peers, but this program assists them in learning from the “real world” as well. Our mentors serve as guides, counselors and role models as the students explore the areas in which they wish to work post-graduation.
Our Full-Time MBA alumni are an integral part of each student’s journey throughout the program. Alumni serve as professional and academic guides to our students and begin getting to know them as early as during the admission process. The small size of our program naturally lends itself to a close-knit and highly invested alumni network.
Learn more about our student experience by visiting a class or attending an MBA Open House .
Internships and Jobs
The Full-Time MBA placement rate is 90 percent within three months of graduation. Our class salary average generally falls within $90,000 to $100,000.
Average Salary Range for Full-Time MBA Graduates, by Discipline
Graduate Salary Range