#china #scholarships #for #pakistani #students
Learn Valuable Life Skills
China can boast one of the oldest uninterrupted cultures in the world. For hundreds of years China remained relatively isolated, and only the most intrepid travelers were privy to its wonders. Today, as China claims its place as an economic and political superpower, travel to and from the country has become much more common.
While the ideological differences between the U.S. and China remain significant, students interested in studying abroad are finding that the country offers a wealth of educational opportunities. Whether the field of study is art, history, business or technology, American students are discovering that China offers a unique chance to continue their college studies while immersing themselves a culture with an unbroken history dating back more than 5000 years.
Requirements for Studying in China
All students pursuing their studies at a Chinese university will need to apply for a student visa. To receive a student visa, students will need a valid passport, a medical report from their latest physical, proof of health insurance, and proof that they have the necessary finances to cover all travel to and from the country. Students will also need to show proof that they have been accepted into a degree program at a recognized Chinese university, and that all living arrangements while in the country have been finalized.
Scholarships for Studying in China
Students interested in pursuing their studies in China have access to a wide range of scholarship opportunities designed to help them fund their travel and educational ambitions. These scholarships are typically supported by the governments of both the United States and China, as well as by private associations and international study organizations. Scholarships for students studying in China are highly competitive, and only the best students will be eligible to receive an award.
We ve compiled a selection of scholarships and fellowships for students wishing to pursue their studies in China. These examples are representative of the many programs available to students interested in international study.
- The Beijing Language and Culture University New Student Scholarship is administered by China s University and College Admissions System. The program is open to outstanding students who are pursuing a Master s degree in International Politics and/or International Economics. To be eligible, students must have received a Bachelor s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, and must meet the entrance requirements for BLCU s Master s degree program. The scholarship covers tuition for a full year of study, but students will be required to cover all other costs of their stay in China. There is an application fee of $135 USD in order to be considered for the award.
- The Chinese Government Special Scholarship Program was designed by the Ministry of Education of the People s Republic of China to encourage international students to enroll in degree programs at Chinese universities. To be eligible, students must be pursuing either a Master s or Doctoral degree at a Chinese institute of higher education. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health who meet the age and educational background requirements as set by the Chinese government. Applicants who are not proficient in Chinese will be required to take a one year course in conversational Chinese before being admitted to a degree granting program. This is a full tuition scholarship that covers entrance fees, laboratory fees, basic supplies, and lodging. Students who receive this scholarship will also be given a monthly stipend for living expenses. Travel costs to and from the country must be paid by the student.
- The Boren Awards for International Study offers annual scholarships for American students pursuing degrees in fields deemed integral to U. S. interests abroad. Applicants for a Boren Scholarship must be able to demonstrate how their international study program, and their future academic and career goals, can contribute to national security. Boren scholarships are available to students pursuing studies in countries all over the world, including China. These are award-for-service scholarships, and recipients will be expected to work for a year in the Federal government in exchange for funding. The maximum award amount is $20,000.
- The Henry Luce Foundation sponsors their annual Luce Scholars Program which provides fellowships for graduate students pursuing their studies in China and Asia. The purpose of the program is to foster a greater understanding between the East and the West. Luce Scholars are chosen from a list of students who have been nominated by participating colleges and universities. Fellowship recipients will receive full funding, including a stipend for living expenses, for a full year of study in China.
- China Study Abroad sponsors a number of scholarships for students interested in pursuing their college studies in China. The CSA Enrichment Scholarship provides up to $1000 for students accepted to a Chinese university. Applicants must submit a 400 word essay on how studying in China will enhance their educational, professional, and personal goals. The CSA Samaritan Scholarship is offered to students with an interest in the problems facing residents of rural China. Award recipients will receive $500 and a teaching position in a rural Chinese community.
- The Pacific Prime Global Diversity Scholarship is available to both undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled for at least one semester in a Chinese university. The purpose of the award is to promote greater understanding through an exposure to foreign cultures. Three $1000 scholarships are awarded every year.
- The CIEE Global Access Initiative (GAIN) Scholarship is available to student members of the CIEE Study Center. The program is designed to provide opportunities for international study for students who are economically challenged, from an historically underrepresented social or ethnic group, or are majoring in an underrepresented field of study. Scholarships are available for undergraduate students who have been accepted to a participating Chinese university. Awards range from $1000 $5000 depending on the duration of study, and the applicant s financial need.
China is a country with a rich history and culture, and students who get the opportunity to study there will come home enriched by the experience. While international study is beyond the reach of most, exceptional students interested in continuing their studies in China will find that scholarships and fellowships may hold the answer to their financial needs.